Ground move survey results
Thanks to everyone who took the time to answer our survey regarding the ground move issue. Here are the results:
1. Are you aware of the current proposals to relocate the ground and the upcoming EGM?
Don’t know 0
Total votes 133
Total votes 136
3. Will you be attending the EGM?
Don’t know 24
Total votes 134
4. Based on what you know at present, how would you vote at the EGM?
Don’t know 34
Total votes 122
5. Do you think there will be benefits from moving nearer to town and into a community stadium?
Don’t know 13
Total votes 129
6. Are you happy with ground ownership moving from fully owned outright to long term leasing (150 yr)?
Don’t know 18
Total votes 132
7. Are you concerned about who the current ground could be sold to?
Don’t know 0
Total votes 135
8 Are you a member of the Brakes Trust?
Total votes 126
With around 130 people polled per question, we believe that these results are representative of the fanbase.
The majority of attending fans, almost three quarters, are not shareholders.
Although a majority were in favour of the proposal, there was a significant proportion undecided. However it should be noted that the survey was conducted outside the turnstiles, whilst the club were leafletting the whole fanbase with a lot of further information downstream of our position.
A significant proportion are concerned about who the ground could be sold to, around a quarter of those surveyed.
Over 50% are okay with the ground ownership changing.
The next step for the Trust is to formally ballot our members. This will happen this week, by post and email. Please look out for communication from us and have your say – it will define how the Trust votes at the EGM.
We have opened comments to this post – see below. As always, we have to moderate comments due to Russian spammers, but after a short delay your message should appear. We welcome any feedback and interpretation on these results. Thank you.